Day in the Life

Four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire...

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Grown-up Busywork

Yes yes, I know I know, it's been a painfully long time since I last blogged, how have you ever managed? Hope this day finds you well and happy, as it finds me. It's crunch time now for all you poor unfortunate students and all I have to say is...better you than me. You can't all collectively hate me though, last night I was up 'til 0430am writing Jess' history essay because I'm officially the best sister in the world. Definitely Pulitzer Prize worthy; dug deep, pulled back the layers and exposed the real cold war that no one knows about. Damn I should've been a writer. Or at least some girl who runs an underground essay writing business. Either or.

Soooooo, what tidbits and morsels of my life can I share? As ever, I've been constantly on the go doing this that and some other thing, what it all amounts to I can't really say. Kinda like grown-up busywork maybe. It's like when you're back in elementary school and the teacher has a hangover or whatever and gives the class a picture entitled "Winter's Coming!!" that you have to colour in even though it holds no real academic benefit. It's just something you're given to do to keep you busy and to keep you shut up. (And while we're on the topic, how do you colour in a picture of winter?!?! It's all white snow! I'd like to meet the kid who ever used the white crayon on the white piece of paper to colour in snow. Hand him a medal.) Or like when I worked at Wendy's, waaaaaay back in the day, and the manager would tell me go stock up the pickles, even when it was perfectly clear the pickles were in no need of stocking. Just busywork. Bastards. Oh Wendy's you whore. So yeah, my point is......grown-up busy work perhaps? Nope, I got nothing.

So spring is coming! Get excited! Millions of kids everywhere are colouring in the busywork pages as we speak! Jess and I are psyched because we'll be moving into a new, slightly bigger apartment in May, even more downtown than we are now. For those of you familiar with Toronto (my condolences), we'll be right around the Yonge and Wellesley subway station. Right around where that guy was gunned down by police last month! Outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts! High society indeed. So yes, another 12 month lease signed, another 12 months in Toronto. Why do I torture myself so?!?!? I know I really should be used to this whole T-Dot thing by now and quit my complaining but it still hasn't sunk in. Hang in there Ames, summer in the city is always tons more fun, biking around and shit. I don't know though, sometimes the wind just blows a little too cold around here.

Leaving the city as much as possible is the only remedy. Leaving the country is even better! Yes folks, I'm on my way to Holland this June, how incredible!!! Boyfriend Jolan is taking off for six weeks this summer to visit his Dutch family, I'll be meeting up with him for two to keep him on his toes. The plan is to snag some bikes and just start riding, crashing at his relative's places or just tenting it up in some random field or hostel. Belgium and Germany will most likely be invaded too if all goes well. AmsterDAM it's gonna be amazing!!! Some friends of his/ours will be around there at the same time so a riot will be guaranteed. Holy crap I can't wait, it's always always an adventure with my boy.

Hmmm, how do I follow up that big news? Impossible, thus I must leave you all for now. There's a huge pile of laundry in need of laundering on my floor and supper must be on the table before Jess gets home or she hits me. Promise to write more soon now that my computer is off the fritz, keep sending me updates on your respectives lives as well. I have to live vicariously through someone! You're all my stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home