Day in the Life

Four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire...

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Another Saturday Night

Hmmmm....must be getting old. Here it is a Saturday night and I'm passing up a party in order to sit here at a computer and eat potato salad. Not even good potato salad either. My excuse is I worked 12 hour day shifts yesterday and today and another one awaits me tomorrow, but still! That's never stopped me before! Hmph. Must be getting old. Instead I'll sit here and contemplate my existence and type away and try to make it seem like I have a life. Probably not possible.

So I'm broadcasting here from a new location now, 2 blocks south and 2 blocks west from my old place to be exact. Moving day came and went without too much hassle, apart from the rain and the fire alarm and the car running out of gas and the box full of glasses falling off the cart and shattering all but three of them. Oh what fun we had! Nothing like moving to show you how much useless shit you own. But we're settled now, everything has found it's place, no cable still but the beer store is right down the street so it's all love.

Work is great, my one year pin coming up in mid June. (We don't get a pin actually but it would be nice if we did). My one year evaluation with the boss was rave reviews, I guess I'll stick with this nursing thing. Sometimes I get a little tired of it all and wonder why I got into this crazy profession and curse my 0630am wakeup calls and mumble incoherant mutterings under my breath when I have to start a flipping IV on a patient at 2 o'clock in the morning. But then a patient will say I helped them get through a rough day or they'll thank me for smiling as I walked into the room or tell me I made a difference. And then it'll all make sense somehow and I'll remember why I do this.

Starting a 2am IV though! Bloody hell.

Onwards and upwards though, will be driving my parents to the airport this Tuesday so they can spend a month in Wales/England/Ireland as a 30th anniversary thing. Hands down the best parents ever. Definitely going senile though. Dropping off Jolan the next day for his flight to Amsterdam where I'll meet up with him at the start of June for 17 days. If all goes according to plan, we'll bike to Brussels (Belgium) from there then take a train to Paris for a 3 night stay. (Pamplemousse? Deux pamplemousse.........?) Ah, c'est la vie. Was planning on bringing a digital camera with me to document my oversea adventures but oh my, Jessica Jessica Jessica........ Someone (I won't say who) decided to get hammered on an end-of-the year class boat cruise, tripped, and sent the camera to the bottom of Lake Ontario. Pure brilliance Jess! Big special sticker for you! Da well, she has her dirt on me too I'm sure. Can't imagine what though. I'm pretty much perfect.

Well, my beautiful big blue bed beckons. Maybe a shower too but no promises Marc. Sorry I never write anything exciting peeps, I just don't have any good material to work with. I'll just start making stuff up. Oh yeah! I was biking along happy as a cloud the other day when I got struck by this bus that came out of nowhere so they had to helicopter me to the hospital because I had broken all of my ribs except the top three on the right and my arm was severed at the elbow but then they fixed all of that and I'm ok now but some guy stole my bike in all the commotion so I was pretty mad. Bloody bike thieves.

Keep on rocking in the free etc. Love Ames.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home