Day in the Life

Four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire...

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Miss you Johnny

All day they've been playing Lennon/Beatles songs on Q107 to mark the 25th anniversary of John's death. What better way to spend a day? Chilling solo in my apartment, writing some thoughts down on life and times with some Beatles tunes playing in the background. God don't you wish he were still here? Imagine what could have been....

Ob-la-di ob-la-da life goes on though, or at least you gotta try. It's been a busy month and a bit for you, me and everybody. So much going on these days it seems for all of us. We're all growing up, coming face to face with the grown ups we've become. Weddings, pregnancies, babies, buying first houses, ending long term relationships, interesting long term prospects, looking for that first official job, travelling halfway across the world to teach, travelling halfway across the world to travel. Craziness! Exciting times for sure, all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS GUYS, GO SHOW 'EM HOW IT'S DONE! I have your back tigers, thanks for having mine.

So can't possibly go into all that's come up recently, here's some highlights. It was time for another biannual trip to Londontown, so cool yet so trippy to come back to. So many of you have now departed dear Londonland that it will never be quite the same but grand times were had nonetheless. The alcohol goes down just as well as it ever did. Special shout-out goes to Beth for boarding me and feeding me and being my all round hero. And Jan! Best lunch date ever in the history of lunch dates! Oh and note to all, when ordering sushi, ensure that your server hears you say 6 pieces, not 6 rolls. But hey, who doesn't want 36 pieces of sushi all at once!?!? (Of course plus the mandatory unagi....mmmm fried eel....)

Moving along to other places and other provinces, I finally took that train trip ($240?!?) to Montreal to live it up french style with Erin my love. For those who don't know, Erin and I met in preschool and were roomies in university. So, needless to say, a bit of fun was had. We ate, we drank, we went shopping, what else are two gals to do? A museum was fit in their somehow to give the appearance we do have some culture. Oh comme il etait froid! Sacre bleu! Il y a....des oiseux.....a la fenetre(?) Deux pamplemousse! Yes, pure gibberish but that's what Erin and I are when in the same room, that's the only biproduct there is. We missed ya Miranda, next time for sure, sitting and drinking on the Montreal patios summer 2006!

Hmmm, what else to add?

I'm currently watching all the little gerbils of people milling around in the office building next to our apartment. Close some windows people! I see everything! Vice versa, Jess swears she saw one of them watching her put on deoderant the other day.

Well, I really can't type anymore, have to wrap up but promise I'll write again soon. I work tonight then have a week off to do all that it is that people do around this time of year. Hopefully I'll catch up on some sleep, hopefully I'll catch up on some sanity, hopefully I'll catch up.

Ahhh, how fitting, as I wrap up my blog they begin playing A Day in the Life, one of my all time favourites and the title to my musings. What do they call that when everything fits together so perfectly.......?

Thanks John, we still miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home